Saturday, January 3, 2015

Hello! Week 2 Baby! Saturday, August 23, 2014

Hola everyone!!!

Wow, I feel like a grandma, I have been in the MTC so long! Haha okay... not really. But it does feel like I have been here forever. And and at the same time, it feels like I have only been here for a day! Time is really weird here at the MTC. I am with my districto for about 14 hours a day. So they are all more than just my best friends, they are like my family. We are each other's family. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Everyone says that I have a contagious excitement and happiness, I like that :) 

Hmmm So I think the coolest thing that happened this week is with our first investigator, Adrian. I think I told you a little about him last week in my letter. But we started teaching him the 2nd day we were here, and we could barely speak any Spanish. Haha well, on our second lesson a day or two later, my companion Hermana U. and I were talking about the Holy Ghost, and we kind of ended up inviting him to be baptized! Haha he seemed a little shocked,  but he said something like, " Well not today, and not tomorrow, but in the future yes, I think I would like to get baptized." It was pretty cool. Even if he hadn't accepted right now, he was able to know that is an option for him. We have really grown to love Adrian! Our lessons got a little better each time as we learned more about the Gospel, and more how to speak Spanish. I am still really not very good at speaking... I try so hard! Haha but I think I am still the slowest in the class. BUT miracles really do happen! Usually in the lessons, I try to say as much as I can in Spanish, but I usually end up looking at Hermana U to save me because she knows more Spanish than I do. In our last lesson, I ended up talking to him for most of the time, with Hermana U saying a couple things here and there. I don't even know how that happened! But then after the lesson, I couldn't even repeat what I had said, and I couldn't talk very well in Spanish to my classmates. It was the Spirit! The gift of Tongues is real!! Haha I was so excited about that small yet very significant miracle. So, we had taught Adrian for 4 lessons and our teacher told us that he would no longer be coming. We were all sad, but then our teacher showed us a video that Adrian had made to "review" his experience with us. And he started talking in english! Haha it was soooo weird to hear him talk in English... He talked about how even though he couldn't understand us all the time, he could always feel the spirit. And his testimony has grown so much. It was awesome to feel the spirit testify to me of how much He loves his children, and how I can really actually make a difference in someone's life. Later that day, we were waiting in our classroom, our teacher didn't tell us what we were going to do, he just told us it was a secret. Then in walks Adrian in a suit and tie and a name tag that said Hermano Mace!!!!!! He is our teacher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha wow it was SO CRAZY!!! I think that seriously made my whole life! We had grown to really love Adrian so much and then to have him... well not really Adrian (because he was acting as our investigator)... be our TEACHER! Man oh man I was so happy. And Hermano Mace has a lot of family in Wales! He knows all about Wales and the canyon and it was just so awesome. To be honest, I think Hermano Mace is one of the best teachers I have ever had in my life... and I have had a lot of teachers. Our other teacher Hermano Wallace, will still be our teacher too :) 

I don't know if I have said this before but, I LOVE THE MTC!  I love how every single day I can feel the Spirit. I love to see miracles happen all around me! And I'm not even in the field yet. Crazy...

Oh, on Sunday I got to see Tyler again!!! We sat by each other at dinner, then went to choir together, and then hung out after Devotional. So I got to spend a good 3 hours with him, and then he flew out to Mexico the next morning at 2:30 am. :) That made me so happy.

So how are you all doing?? It sounds like you all had a lot of fun at the lake. And Ben, OUCH!!! What did you do??? Haha that does not look fun! Sounds like you had kind of a hard time dropping off Tomoki today huh? I bet you all will really miss him, he was so great! 

Well I love you all so much!! Please write me on Dear Elder. I only have an hour to write emails. Annnnd I can only write letters on Saturdays, time is so short! But I really do LOVE  to hear from all of you :D 

I want to share my testimony with you in Spanish: 

Yo se que Jeuscristo es el Salvador y el Redentor. Yo se que Dios es nuestro Padre Celestial, y El nos ama mucho!!! Por medio de la expiacion, podemos vivir feliz y tener esperanza y suparar desifios! Yo se que el Libro de Mormon es verdadero y Jose Smith es una profeta. Yo se que familias pueden juntos por eternidad. En el numbro de Jesucristo, Amen. 


Love Hermana Gull


PS. Here are some pictures! These are my crazy silly elders, and then me and my Hermanas in my district, then we are SO EXCITED to get mail! And then my district with our first investigator Adrian, and then me and Hermana U at the temple this morning :D Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment