Saturday, January 3, 2015

Hey, hello, hola! Saturday August 30, 2014

Hola!!!


Well I got your package on Thursday and I can tell you it came just in time! It made me so happy. Thank you so much for it :D Now I have lots of candy to share with everyone haha. I am trying to not get fat... haha but being at the MTC it is hard because all you do is eat then sit for 10 hours a day, with one hour of gym. But I have been trying really hard to not eat a lot of food, and I have been trying to eat the more healthy stuff. And I only let myself have ice cream 2x a week. And believe me, it is hard! They have BYU creamery ice cream here and my favorite is the Gram Canyon... man oh man, it could make a grown man cry it is so good!

Well I guess it sounds like you all are doing pretty good, I hope so! 

So this week has been really great, but wowza has it gone by fast! I have been here for about 2 1/2 weeks now, so I have about 3 weeks left... AHHHHH!!! Haha. But my Spanish is actually coming along okay. It is really hard, and I am not super good at it, but the more I practice, the better I get. The part I am not good at is the conjegating. And my English is already starting to get worse! It is actually pretty funny. So yesterday my companion and I had a pretty cool experience. My teacher Hermano Mace challenged us to go out and talk to 6 people who were not missionaries, and ask for referrals. It was so awesome!!! I felt like a real missionary! Some people talked to us for over 20-30 minutes. And we came back about an hour after all the rest of our class did... oops. Ha but we were happy to have met the amazing people that we did! My companion is not as confident with people as I am, so I try not to talk too much and let her say some things too haha. 

My companion said something the other night in our Zone testimony meeting that we have every night, she talked about with one of our investigators, he said he didn't want to get baptized right now because he felt like he didn't know enough. But our teacher (our investigator) taught us that this is the most common response with investigators and members as well. We always feel like we don't know enough. But we ask, "Do you believe that God is our Heavenly Father and we are His children? Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He atoned for all the sins of the world, and that he loves you personally? Have you repented of your previous sins?" If you answer yes to these questions, you do know enough. None of us have a perfect knowledge. That is the point of this life, to always be learning! I can promise you that I did not have a perfect knowledge of things before I came on my mission, and I definitely do not know everything now, but we know enough. That is one of Satan's greatest tools, is to try to get us to think that we don't know enough, or that our testimony isn't strong enough. He will try to take you down with all he's got. But we just have to tell him to buzz off, because we are on the Lords side. And the Lord will take whatever we can give him, and turn it into something 100 times fold! 

So on kind of a funnier note... Story. So I was standing in the dinner line with my companion a couple days ago. And there was this Elder behind us that is really flirty, and he really makes me uncomfortable. And I see him EVERYWHERE. So he was talking to me, but I was being very standoffish. Then he says to me "okay this may seem weird, but it's not" Then he reaches behind me and moves my ponytail from off my name tag and says, "oh, Gull. Okay." I flipped out! I said in a very bold way, "Do not touch me! That was in no way okay. Don't touch me" He said :"uhh I just wanted to know your name" I was so mad that I just turned around and didn't talk to him the rest of the time in the line. Haha I know this might seem crazy to you all back at home, but I felt violated! So I was telling some Elders in my district about this little incident, while at the table. They all got so worked up about it and it spread like wildfire down the table. Haha all of the sudden there were about 20 elders asking me what this guy looked like, what color his tie was, what color his hair was, how much he weighed, haha they were being really funny. They said "no way is anyone gonna mess with one of our sisters!" It made me feel good I guess to have to many protective brothers. Well the next day, and Elder in my District said, "You know that Elder that touched your hair yesterday? Well I broke his nose today." He had a huge smile on his face. I asked, "really??" He said, "yep!" We were playing basketball today, and I didn't really mean to, but my elbow and his nose just kind of collided. But ya, I did it for you. Haha" And it ended up that he really did break his nose. Haha sad.. but also kinda really funny. All the Elders in my district said that they got my back. I love my district family. :D

Well some cool news, I have been assigned to be the new Sister Training Leader for my zone. So I will have this assignment for the next 3 weeks. I am super excited :D

Love you all! Please be safe! 

I know that this church is true! And I know that we all have a purpose here. I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father. En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen!

Love Hermana Gull

No comments:

Post a Comment