Saturday, January 3, 2015

Semana 4 en la CCM!

Hola mi familia! 

Este semana fue muy excellente. Thanks for the emails, and the letters, they really lift my spirits :) It is exciting that Dawnica is getting so close to having her baby! I am so excited for her, I hope everything goes well. I can't wait to see pictures of that little baby! I am glad the boys are doing well in school. Holy Cow, Ben is going to get his license!!! Well, it's about time :p haha. 

So this week has gone by in the blink of an eye, ay ay ay! Pero está bien! I leave in about 2 weeks to head out to Argentina. So next week by this time I will have my flight plans... ay ay aye... I'm trying not to think about it too much! Haha I am trying very hard to do my best every day. It is a lot of work being a missionary, and it takes a lot of prayer, study, optimism and patience.. and I'm still in the MTC! It is such good practice though, I am so grateful for the MTC so that I can have all these wonderful opportunities to teach several different people, and learn how to study and learn how to work with others. One of my favorite quotes from this week is from President Hinckley he said, " There are three important things a missionary should always do, Smile, Smile, Smile." And I love that!! Haha I would much rather smile than be upset. I am kinda starting to freak out about the language though, maybe I just need to spend more time studying it on my own... probably. But nonetheless, I am trying to become the best missionary I can. 

My favorite part this week was teaching our investigators. They are all in such different places in their lives! It is really neat to be able to teach and help people with the gospel :D Our one investigator I feel especially connected to. She is from NYC and has been an Atheist for many years. But a little while ago she was going through a really tough time and her LDS friend asked if she could say a prayer for her. She said yes, and she told us that she had the most amazing feeling that someone actually cared about her, like someone maybe God knew her. And she could feel so much love. Ever since that experience, she has started to pray on her own, because she has wanted to feel that way again. So she came to visit her friend that goes to school here, and has started to meet with the missionaries. When we met with her, the spirit was incredible! I could really feel that Heavenly Father loves her so much! And He wants her to come to Him, and know of Him. So it will be fun teaching her because she knows very little about God and nothing about Jesus Christ, I am excited! 

My favorite scripture this week is in Alma 32, especially in verses 21 and 27. This talks about how we all need to have faith. But we do not have to have a perfect knowledge, we just have to start with even a desire to believe, then we can help that faith grow! Our faith will not grow if we do not feed and take care of it. We must nourish our seed by watering it and giving it plenty of sunlight. We need to grow our faith by ACTING on our faith; reading our scriptures and praying sincerely. It is a perfect recipe, if you do this, I promise your faith will grow. :) 

I love you all, I hope you all have a wonderful week! Please stay safe, and Dawnica, good luck having your sweet little baby this week! 

Love Hermana Gull

No comments:

Post a Comment